We are hiring: CSTAT Associate Director - hybrid
Hello! Thanks for your interest in our CSTAT Associate Director opportunity! We're glad you're here.
CSTAT support is sought by hundreds of researchers (faculty, staff, graduate students) at Michigan State University and by companies in the health care sector.
We support our collaborators by providing expertise and guidance on study design, statistical methods, interpretation of results, data management, conducting statistical analyses, and writing reproducible reports. We’d love you to be a part of that!
Our team members choose to work in-person or have hybrid work arrangements (telecommuting is permitted up to 3 days per week); we appreciate a diverse team and know what it takes to ensure its success.
We're looking for someone with interest in both administrative aspects (coordinating project assignments with team members, communicating with stakeholders) and in collaborations on research projects. Together, we will increase our capacity for high quality, reproducible research output, develop our partnerships, and maintain and improve our internal project database platform.
We're looking for applicants who want to join a fun, passionate, and supportive group of people who enjoy working together and helping each other. Hopefully, that's you!
Click HERE to apply now!
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate CSTAT’s project assignments with CSTAT consultants;
- Communicate and collaborate with CSTAT clients and partners;
- Mentor and coach CSTAT's graduate student research assistants;
- Help maintain and update content of our high quality project database;
- Lead efforts in creating custom analyses and reports to inform CSTAT’s stakeholders;
- Participate in grant proposals and funded grants;
- Participate in co-authoring manuscripts.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a doctoral degree in a quantitative field.
- Has managerial experience (project management, supervising team members) with proficiency in oral and written communication and has a strong interest in developing leadership skills.
- Has experience with data science consulting and research projects and is passionate about ongoing learning and keeping up with best practices.
- Has experience with applied statistical methodology and has a strong interest in learning quickly on the job.
- Is comfortable working with multiple teams on tasks and taking the lead to see projects through to completion.
Our Technology Stack
Currently some of us are using:
- R and Rstudio (most common), Quarto, MPlus, Qualtrics, SPSS, SAS, Python, SQL Server.
- GitHub, GitLab, many things open science.
The biggest benefit of CSTAT is to be part of our awesome team. Our talented team members enjoy working with each other, growing with each other, and supporting each other. These benefits are also fantastic:
- Professional Development: an annual allowance is provided to stay on top of your game with conferences, books, or membership in professional societies.
- Equal opportunity and diversity: we value everyone, regardless of position or seniority, and like to see everyone maximize their impact on CSTAT and MSU. We are proud to embrace diversity and respect for each other. Different perspectives and backgrounds make us thrive and shine.
- Technology: we provide computing equipment and software; access to MSU's high performance computing platform is available.
- Flexible schedule: Flexibility in scheduling and hybrid work are possible.
- Salary range: $95K-125K
- Health care and other benefits: MSU benefits overview
Get to know more about CSTAT and the team by clicking here: https://cstat.msu.edu
How To Apply
We want to hear from you! You can apply for this position by filling out the application on the MSU HR website. Please attach:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in CSTAT, administrative experience, approach to leadership, and commitment to DEI (max 2-3 pages).
- A CV citing education, research experience, and professional development activities.
- Contact information for three references (letters will only be solicited if you are selected for an interview).
Qualified candidates will move on to video interviews to discuss the position in detail, meet the team, and talk through the fit. Feel free to contact us with questions!