The MSU Center for Statistical Training and Consulting (CSTAT) is a professional service and research unit at Michigan State University.
We collaborate on research projects and provide statistical support to MSU scholars and off-campus clients. We offer training and education in data management, statistical methods, and responsible conduct of research. For example, we
- provide expertise and guidance on study design, statistical methods, interpretation of results, and conduct statistical analyses
- participate in grant proposal applications with design and methods considerations and sample size determination
- provide research data management services
- collaborate on manuscripts and serve as co-authors
CSTAT Flyer: Link
CSTAT Facilities: Link
CSTAT Survey Report 2021: Link
CSTAT staff adhere to professional guidelines of the American Statistical Association: Link
CSTAT Advisory Board
Members of the CSTAT Advisory Board collaborate to advise, support, and promote CSTAT’s mission and programs. The board's role is to:
- Develop an understanding of the goals and mission of CSTAT and assist in forming visions to keep our program relevant for the future.
- Assist in the promotion and recognition of CSTAT, both internally to MSU and externally.
Nara Parameswaran, Senior Associate Dean for Research, College of Human Medicine, MSU
Alea Fairchild, Dozent, Researcher, Information Economics, KU Leuven, Belgium, and Director, The Constantia Institute
Eric Hegg, Associate Dean, College of Natural Sciences
Annette O'Connor, Chair of the Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, MSU
Emily Bouck, Associate Dean for Research, College of Education, MSU
CSTAT Core Values
Respect: Treat everyone with dignity.
Inclusivity: Welcome and support people of all backgrounds, origins, identities, and beliefs.
Integrity: Adhere to highest standards of professionalism and ethics.
Teamwork: Value the contributions of all and participate in a collaborative environment.
Excellence: Achieve high quality outcomes through dedicated effort of every team member.
Professional development: Improve and broaden knowledge, skills, and personal qualities needed to be successful in the practice of statistics.